The Educational Service deals with public reception, individually or as groups.
It is in charge of:
- Guided tours, Nature workshops, animations and educational field-explorations;
- Creation of didactical documents;
- Information dissemination;
- Documentation research;
- Education halls booking.
The Museum's educational infrastructures:
- A lesson room (40 seats), an auditorium (150 seats), a multi-purpose hall as well as 5 workshop rooms;
- Besides multimedia applications in the Museum halls, the Education Service owns audio-visual material: slides, films, video, and other didactic support;
- Infodidac: our didactic publications for teachers;
- The museum’s library gives free access to scientific publications, suited to anyone's level (weekdays only).
The Educational Service offers for groups:
- Guided tours in French or Dutch. Some themes are also available in English.
Telephone: +32 (0)2 627 42 52 (for information or booking of English guided tours);
- Ateliers nature (Nature workshops in French language, age: 5-12)
Telephone: +32 (0)2 627 42 34;
- Natuurateliers (Nature workshops in Dutch language, age: 7-16)
Telephone: +32 (0)2 627 42 47;
- Animations on the subject of natural sciences (in French, age: above 12)
Telephone: +32 (0)2 627 42 48;
Teacher’s handbooks and questionnaires
In order to help you prepare a self-guided visit, a lesson or just to arouse your curiosity, we’ve developed some documents that can be downloaded freely: illustrated teacher’s handbooks and questionnaires you can fill in during a self-guided visit.
Information leaflet for groups (PDF):
The information leaflet for groups are only available in French and Dutch.
All versions will be opened in a new window, click here for the plugins page.
Dutch : PDF Version (5,7 Mb) / HTML Version
French : PDF Version (6 Mb) / HTML Version
Phone : +32 (0)2 627 42 38
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org (no reservations through e-mail)
Compulsory for all groups : phone +32 (0)2 627 42 52