On Saturday 11 March 2017, from 19:00 to 01:00, we celebrate the 10th edition of Museum Night Fever. 23 Brussels museums get out of their comfort zone! Our Museum chose the theme ‘Animal Rebel Culture’, involving graffiti, gesture theatre, the tales of La Fontaine (even in authentic Brussels dialect) and DJs for the whole evening!
Kalligraffiti Workshop: Release your inner graffiti artist!
- At the parking lot
- Continuously from 19.00 until 23.00
The 10 youth centres of Brussels are accessible meeting places where young people are encouraged to engage and enjoy. They organize recreational, sportive and cultural events for Brussels’ youth, like Kalligraffiti: a workshop where you can let your inner street artist out and experiment with different graffiti techniques.
Dinosaurs come to live by LASSAAD Theatre school
- In the Dinosaur Gallery
- At 19.00, 20.00, 21.00, 22.00, 23.00 and 00.00 | 30 minutes
The LASSAAD International School of Theatre is an established name in European “gesture theatre”. Its schooling is based on movement, body control, play and creation. A big number of students will bring this mix to create a surprising performance, especially made for the Museum of Natural Sciences. A theatrical interpretation of dinosaur anatomy, the translation of dinosaur bone structures into movement. Not to miss!
Thalie Envolée: Tales of La Fontaine tour by Artaban
- In the BiodiverCITY Hall
- In French and Brussels dialect: at 19.00, 21.30 and 23.30 | 30 minutes
- In Dutch and English: at 20.30, 22.30 and 00.30 | 30 minutes
Thalie Envolée is a project by the Artaban theatre group. They record known and lesser known poetry, in order to make the texts more accessible. At MNF they will perform their latest realisation: the tales of La Fontaine. The actors will bring the tales in a scenery of mounted animals, in French, Dutch, English and even Brussels dialect!
DJs for the whole evening
- In the Mineral Hall
- 19.00-20.00: Odssey
- 20.00-21.00: Jef Karrikoo
- 21.00-22.00: Alain Provist
- 22.00-23.00: Mambele
- 23.00-00.00: Space Toad x Sachtag
- 00.00-01.00: YAVA & STIEF
A great line-up of DJs (in collaboration with JHOB) who will mix Natural Science with The Streets.
- The 23 museums open their doors from 19.00 until 01.00 (afterparty at Bloody Louis 00.00-06.00)
- A simple pass (access to all 23 museums + buses) costs 11€ in pre-sale and 15€ on the day itself.
- A combi pass (access to all 23 museums + buses + afterparty) costs 18€ in pre-sale and 22€ on the day itself.
- When purchasing online, a 1€ service fee applies.
- Free STIB shuttle buses between the different museums from 19.00 until 01.00 and on the Tram 92 between Place Royale and Schaerbeek Station (La Botanique & Train World). Your MNF ticket also gives you free access to the Noctis buses (0am- 3am, buses depart from Central Station).
- A detailed programme of all participating museums + ticket sale on www.museumnightfever.be
Keep your wristband, it is serves as a free ticket for one of the participating museums until 31 March 2017.