Activities for all
Behind the Scenes Tour
The Museum is just the tip of the Institute’s iceberg!
You’ve visited the Museum; now get to know the scientific institution behind it! Starting with the stairs and corridors that are normally off-limits for visitors, you’ll discover the building’s amazing architecture. Then you'll see a scientist’s office and you’ll visit the depositories and their impressive collections. You’ll see that the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences is jam-packed with surprising specimens.
The visit’s route includes a lot of stairs and narrow passages and so unfortunately is unsuitable for visitors with reduced mobility.
Available in English, in Dutch or in French.
- By reservation only: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maximum group size: 12 visitors (including group leaders)
- Available on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, between 9.30 am and 3.00 pm
- Occasionally, on dates set by the guide, we organise guided tours behind the scenes for individual visitors aged 12 and over (maximum 2 children per adult). The single rate is 14 € per person and includes access to the permanent and temporary exhibitions of the Museum. Follow us on Facebook to know the dates of these special guided tours.
- If you have a specific question about the tour please contact : email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Families, Adults
- From 12 years old
- Young people (aged 23 and under) : €5 (per person) + guide (€45, weekdays only) per group
- Adult groups: €10 (per person) + guide (€80, weekdays only) per group
- 90 minutes
Research & Collections
We are a research institute with more than 200 scientists and dozens of scientific collaborators covering a wide range of disciplines from biology, taxonomy and oceanography to geology, palaeontology and anthropology.
The Institute of Natural Sciences does research in a wide range of disciplines: from biology, taxonomy and oceanography to geology, palaeontology and anthropology.